I need help!

chanceymillardo

Chirping
May 15, 2015
California
Is this normal? I have two chickens I just decided to picture one.

I am feeding everything they need. One of them is ready to lay because I checked her pelvic bones and they are separated. She has never laid before.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow
My girls have loose droppings if they eat something rich. You can try plain yogurt and add 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar to a gallon of water. She might have an bacteria imbalance. Good luck with her. On a side note, I would stop using newspapers. The ink is absorbed though the feet and transfured from feathers to mouth, when grooming. It could make them sick.

Last edited:
If they are getting too many extras apart from their feed, that could cause loose poo also. When they start laying they should be getting layer feed with some crushed oyster shell in another container to eat free will, if they have a need for more calcium. There are actually poo charts on BYC - I'm sure you can find them if you put that in the search box.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, glad you joined the flock.

Good morning and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I hope you are enjoying your girls. Good luck with your little flock.

It's nice to have you join us!

Thank you all for welcoming me! I am gratified that my girl's droppings are not an indication of a serious problem. I am feeding my girls layer feed, which they love when I put it in some water. When I put some of their food in their water, they go crazy on it! It's gone very fast! Their food dissolves in the water and it's like oatmeal to them. I put some drops of apple cider vinegar in there with the food in the water. I feel welcome here on BYC. Thank you all for making me feel welcome!

Back
Top Bottom