i need ideas for more protien for ducks

Peas are a good idea, lettuce and carrots are devoid of protein and corn is only about 8%. Definitely less than regular feed.
That is 100% true I'm sorry I forgot to say use those as a midday snack until they get back on track. What we do is put any of those things in a bowl of water and let the ducks play around and eat the snack at about 2:00!!

That is 100% true I'm sorry I forgot to say use those as a midday snack until they get back on track. What we do is put any of those things in a bowl of water and let the ducks play around and eat the snack at about 2:00!!
I do give my flock peas for snack time some days and they go crazy for them!!

Similar to catfish, koi food. I'm guessing catfish is cheaper but koi easier to find.

Edit: did a quick search. Catfish 30% protein, Koi 35%. Could be the brands.

Last edited:
I use dog food my dachshund eats its small kibble and the brand is Taste of the wild My birds love it. It's grain free.
I used to feed that brand to my dog but then realized she is not allergic to grain so we stopped getting grain free. presently my dog gets rachel ray nutrish and I did try tossing some into the duck pen but nobody ate them :(

My dachshund is 15 years old and is sensitive to some feeds now but does well on the Taste of the Wild, but my Muscovy would eat the dog food before their food if I let them but they only get it as a treat. My Runners and Buffs and my chickens even my bantams love it too. If I just give them mealworms and there isn't any dog food mixed in they look at me like I have lost my mind. I can't remember when I first started to use the dog food for extra protein if it took them a while to like it or not. But all it takes is one to try it then of course everyone else will join in.

We give ours frozen peas in their water. They absolutely love it. We add nutritional yeast to their food. Another thing we do is add mealworms on top of their food. They seem to like what we give them a lot. They’ve given us lots of eggs too which we were surprised by.

Back
Top Bottom