I need polish advice

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by peeps7, May 3, 2008.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Ok, as most of you know, I raise buff-laced polish. Well, I bought a quad of white crested blue, black, and splash polish. The rooster died this morning and I can't raise the breed without a rooster. I either need another rooster or I could put the hens with my buff-laced rooster. I was going to sell their eggs when they started laying but without the rooster I can't have fertile eggs from them. Soooo, I was wondering if you guys would like to try the WC blue, black, and splash with buff-laced or should I get another WC blue rooster?
    I know you guys can give me good advice. Thanks!!

2. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    What was the reason you cannot have the polish w/o the roo??? If the answer is strickly for breeding purposes/ fertile eggs......uuuhhmmmm [​IMG] [​IMG] I would get WC [​IMG]

3. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    My thing is I was going to sell their hatching eggs and I wanted to ask people who were interested in the breed if they think they would like to try the buff laced/white-crested black, blue and splash or if I should try to find a roo. I just don't want to pay $75 for a rooster, I only want to do that if I have to. Thanks!!

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I have no idea if your birds are show quality, but if you wanted to make some money selling eggs I'd personally get another blue roo. However that cross DOES sound interesting.

5. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    lol, yes, my birds are show qualityand I am going to get another WC blue rooster, the guy I got them from said he would refund me for the rooster I lost andhe would find me another one. [​IMG] Thanks for the help.

6. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    Uh oh.. if you are selling polish eggs next year I might just have to buy some :eek: Especially blue!!

``Slike``

7. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    lol, yes I'll be selling polish eggs. The rooster will be WC blue and the hens are WC splash, WC blue, and WC black. [​IMG] I'm looking for a rooster now.

8. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Okay, never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time.

(sorry...)

9. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Hey, are the WC blues particularly wild personality wise?

I have WC blue chicks and gold laced chicks (7 days old) and the gold love to be held - upside down even, whereas the WC blues freak out if you hold them on their back (though they like to perch on you).

Oh, and the WC blues are LOUD.

Wondering if it is a breed thing? Or just the batch I got.

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I thought that was funny,Oblio, and I AM Polish.

Just for information's sake, chicken lungs are very close to their spines so if you hold them on their backs for too long, they can suffocate...

Polish are a light breed meaning that they can be spazzes. Obelisk is a loon, but Jerry was very sweet and liked to be picked up and held. Obelisk runs like you're coming at her with a shakenbake bag and 27 herbs and spices. The only time she wants to be held is if she's not feeling well.

Last edited: May 4, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by