I Need Repairs on my vehicle, and No money does anyone know of.............

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PitterPaws, Aug 8, 2013.

1. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I Need Major Repairs on my Old Vehicle and I have no extra money right now does anyone know of any garages that have some type of car repair where you can get a Deep discount or a work now pay off later type of deal?

I am desperate!! I Don't have a car, and I am running out of friends :) who will drive me around [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Naunnie

Naunnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2013
    Buchanan, Georgia
    So sorry you are having a rough time. You might call some of your local churches. My sisters church has members that will help folks with problems like this. Also, do you have any technical schools in your area? If so, check and see if they offer a Mechanics program. Sometimes they need "projects" for the students.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is there any way you can sell the vehicle you have now for whatever cash you can get and buy something cheap that'll run until you can get on your feet? I'm not a fan of taking out loans, but it may benefit you to get a small loan for a used car. I know in my area, no car means no job. With a job you could pay off a small (few thousand dollar) loan pretty quickly.

4. Grunt Monkey

Grunt Monkey Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2013
    Fort White,Fl
    where do you live

5. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for all the advice! Shortly after this post I was able to get the car fixed, and still have Friends Lol :)

6. LadyTashKnits2

LadyTashKnits2 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2013
    I hope soon everything works out for you, I am not sure if they offer buses around your area but if they do try them until you come up with the money you need.

7. LadyTashKnits2

LadyTashKnits2 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2013
    I totally understand I had that problem myself once and OMG was it so difficult just hang in there everything will soon get better when you least expect it

8. Gumiho

Gumiho Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2013
    FL
    Hopefully you've gotten your problem sorted out, but if not have you considered bartering for services? Many "Shade Tree Mechanics" (mechanics that work from home or do it as a hobby) will barter their services and negotiate on prices. They often charge less for parts (at cost) & time too.

One way to look for barter is to post on craigslist in the barter section. List some items you have that you're willing to part with or trade skills you can offer (like if you're a web designer, hair dresser, ect) and list the mechanical services you need and offer to pay in barter.

I sometimes do this for furniture and appliances I need. I've offered things like pet sitting, craft supplies, unwanted furniture, games, ect in exchange for things I needed, like a dog kennel, china cabinet, washer/dryer, ect.

You can also call around to small non-chain shops and ask if they'd consider bartering.

9. Wunjo

Wunjo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2013
    Monticello, Ky
    I know this is an old thread, but if you ever need your car fixed try the local technical school or vocational school or high school where they have an auto mechanics class. They are usually always in need of vehicles to learn on and they have a certified instructor watching over them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by