1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by misty7850, Oct 6, 2009.

1. misty7850

misty7850 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Fort Covington, NY
    I recently got 2 emails from a cousin

I SENT THIS EMAIL 2 YOU THIS IS FROM YOUR COUSIN (name removed) AND (cousin #2 name removed) ,JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT (son's girlfriend) AND HER SISTERS ARE CALLING OUR WHOLE FAMILIES ,COUSINS AND ALL INSECTS,,AND HERES THE PROOF.GO TO (local forum) .....AND PUT IN (local town)...(cousin #2) SAID GIVE HER A CALL.

tried to help (my son) about some things on (local forum) ,and he didnt want to hear about it,i sent him the same copy i sent you about (sons girlfirend) and them calling our family insect.and he stuck up for her..i told him that you did not raise him to act like that...(cousin #2)is ticked,,,she said give her a call.

Now considering they are ALL related to me, cousins, son & his girlfriend. I feel stuck in the middle. What to you say to something like that ?
    I got the email a few days ago and have been deliberating over my answer to her and her sister.
    What does one do when family bashes family and sticks you right in the middle.
    Although they may not consider son's girlfriend family, they are all my family.
    Any thoughts or or comments on how I can bow out of this arguement gracefully and let them know although they may "hate each other" they are all my family and I love them all.

Thanks for any insight into solving my problem

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Tell them you love them and then say something like... I'm a Lady Bug... what kind of insect are you?!

3. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Quote:[​IMG]

To be serious, you do not have to say anything. You have no control over what adults do. You can simply tell others that and say to talk to the people involved, you do not want to talk about something you cannot help with or fix.

4. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

I would nicely ask son's girlfriend if her and her family have a problem with your family.

5. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

Just for fun, get on the forum and do what Mahonri suggested, say for example, "Hi, I am Ladybug _____ or Gnat _____ or Superfly____ ...." Kidding. Probably just ignore it and take the high road.

6. misty7850

Apr 12, 2008
    Fort Covington, NY
    Thanks for they helpful replies..
    I made a typo, though it should have read Incest not Insects.
    the cousin that wrote to me was raped by her dad when she was a young teen..

7. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Quote:Take the high road. Anyone worth knowing will treat that viciousness with the contempt it deserves. The rest just need to get real lives.

8. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Run, run away as fast as you can. There is NO good side on this. You will get blamed for "interfering" no matter if you were invited in. RUN, RUN, RUN!!

9. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    I tend to pretend I never got those emails. LOL

10. misty7850

Apr 12, 2008
    Fort Covington, NY
    I thought about that, I can either ignore it, or just tell them, my name is Wes and I'm staying completely outa that mess...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by