I need some advice

misty7850

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Fort Covington, NY
I recently got 2 emails from a cousin

I SENT THIS EMAIL 2 YOU THIS IS FROM YOUR COUSIN (name removed) AND (cousin #2 name removed) ,JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT (son's girlfriend) AND HER SISTERS ARE CALLING OUR WHOLE FAMILIES ,COUSINS AND ALL INSECTS,,AND HERES THE PROOF.GO TO (local forum) .....AND PUT IN (local town)...(cousin #2) SAID GIVE HER A CALL.

tried to help (my son) about some things on (local forum) ,and he didnt want to hear about it,i sent him the same copy i sent you about (sons girlfirend) and them calling our family insect.and he stuck up for her..i told him that you did not raise him to act like that...(cousin #2)is ticked,,,she said give her a call.

Now considering they are ALL related to me, cousins, son & his girlfriend. I feel stuck in the middle. What to you say to something like that ?
I got the email a few days ago and have been deliberating over my answer to her and her sister.
What does one do when family bashes family and sticks you right in the middle.
Although they may not consider son's girlfriend family, they are all my family.
Any thoughts or or comments on how I can bow out of this arguement gracefully and let them know although they may "hate each other" they are all my family and I love them all.

Thanks for any insight into solving my problem

Tell them you love them and then say something like... I'm a Lady Bug... what kind of insect are you?!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

To be serious, you do not have to say anything. You have no control over what adults do. You can simply tell others that and say to talk to the people involved, you do not want to talk about something you cannot help with or fix.

Just for fun, get on the forum and do what Mahonri suggested, say for example, "Hi, I am Ladybug _____ or Gnat _____ or Superfly____ ...." Kidding. Probably just ignore it and take the high road.

Thanks for they helpful replies..
I made a typo, though it should have read Incest not Insects.
the cousin that wrote to me was raped by her dad when she was a young teen..

Back
Top Bottom