I Need Some Advise For A Chicken Show

RDFarms

Songster
5 Years
Apr 8, 2016
I will be entering my red star rooster, my bantam rooster, my bantam hen and chicks, my amaricauna rooster, and a red star hen in a chicken show on august, 4th. Can someone please tell me what I should do to get my chickens ready for the show?
Thanks, RDFarms

They're moon-walking move is pretty good, just don't let'em tell any jokes...they're all corny......
tongue.png

Is this an APA show, a county fair, a 4H/FFA show, or something else? The Red Stars are a hybrid, and therefore can't be shown in an APA sanctioned show. An APA show is only for breeds that are recognized by the APA, which only recognizes pure Standard bred birds of specific colors. I believe that it also has a section of the show for breeds/colors that are applying for recognition, but I don't think that the Red Star layer hybrids would be allowed. The other shows may or may not allow you to enter hybrid birds. Be sure to check the show rules as to what can or cannot be entered so that you won't be disappointed at the last minute.

Is this an APA show, a county fair, a 4H/FFA show, or something else?  The Red Stars are a hybrid, and therefore can't be shown in an APA sanctioned show.  An APA show is only for breeds that are recognized by the APA, which only recognizes pure Standard bred birds of specific colors.  I believe that it also has a section of the show for breeds/colors that are applying for recognition, but I don't think that the Red Star layer hybrids would be allowed.  The other shows may or may not allow you to enter hybrid birds.  Be sure to check the show rules as to what can or cannot be entered so that you won't be disappointed at the last minute.
Actually, a large chunk of APA and ABA shows have opted to include a 'backyard bird' section to accommodate new flock enthusiasts. :)

I am intering them into a county fair, To Sydney Acres

Last edited:
Quote:
Really? I had not heard that before. Thank you for letting me know. It's actually a great idea. It gets people into the show building, and gives them a lot to see and think about, and gets them socializing with Standard bred breeders. Kind of like the "household pet" section at cat shows.

Really?  I had not heard that before.  Thank you for letting me know.  It's actually a great idea.  It gets people into the show building, and gives them a lot to see and think about, and gets them socializing with Standard bred breeders.  Kind of like the "household pet" section at cat shows.
XD

Back
Top Bottom