I need some aid.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Hennyhandler, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    I have 24 chicken eggs that were shipped to me. When I candled them from what I can tell there are 9 that have a detached air cell but the others look solid. I don't know how to explain it. I don't see any air in there. I was wondering what are my chances of them hatching and how I can help them out?

Pete, asked me to start this thread to help me out so thanks again.

2. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi there and I see you've found your way to the Geese section. As you can see there are other threads with similar problems and the thread started by Iain Utah also has some useful information. Many shipped eggs come with detached air cells and usually caused by jarring and rough handling in transit. Simply store them cool for the first 24 hours to let the contents settle.

Below is a link to a guide I prepared last year and that should help you in the early stages. All eggs are fairly similar except the Goose eggs are usually incubated at a slightly lower temperature than for chickens and of course the incubation period is shorter. However the principles of incubation remain the same.

Hope you'll find the extra help while you're visiting this section - you never know you may even get the bug and end up with some geese yourself [​IMG]

Pete [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...t-of-damaged-and-mal-positioned-egg-air-cells

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by