I need some hand holding!!!

Wild Chicken

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
West Michigan
Yesterday was day 18 of my very first hatch.....went to bed last night and humidity was 62%......woke up this morning to 3 pips and humidity at 32%......
ep.gif
I FREAKED
th.gif
, added water, and brought the humidity up to 68% where it is at right now. When I got home there were 2 additional pips and lots of chirping. I have no idea when the humidity dropped, but now I'm worried that I have killed some of my babies. Do you think they should be alright....please, someone, anyone.......

Thanks in advance,

Amy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
don't even think for a sec that it killed anything.
humidity isn't gonna kill them like that. the only way humidity could kill a chick in a shell is when it is like in the teens for a long time.

hugs.gif
it's all gonna be ok!

Thanks girls.....I totally FREAKED
th.gif
ep.gif
th.gif
and had a hard time concentrating at work LOL!!! I think I drove my husband nuts because I called about 20 times.......I tried getting my boss to let me go home on "maternity leave"...
lau.gif
......he said no LOL!!!

Is the humidity OK in the upper 60's?

Last edited:
you are so fine. no freaking out allowed. thou must chill.

i try to stick to 60 - 65%. but, i hatch in a cabinet, so other eggs are in there that are not hatching. (staggered hatch.)

breath in. breath out. lather, rinse, repeat.
big_smile.png

You and I are in the same boat. I am on day 19 and having trouble w/my humidity also. Maybe we can hold each others hand!
gig.gif

I have no pips yet, but it is still early.

Good Luck!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
I think the "lather" part she already had... probably been sweating like a hard-rode horse during the work day...
big_smile.png
The "breathe in, breathe out" part she might have to work on to prevent hyperventilation, or anoxia from holding her breath!
smile.png

Quote:
I think the "lather" part she already had... probably been sweating like a hard-rode horse during the work day...
big_smile.png
The "breathe in, breathe out" part she might have to work on to prevent hyperventilation, or anoxia from holding her breath!
smile.png

dang it. i just caused Wild Chicken to Hyperventilate, and Foam at The Mouth. i feel horrid. okay, not really horrid, but an eensy weensy bit.

okay! i'll admit it. i don't feel horrid at all.

but i still want her hatch to be uber blessed!
lol.png

I think the hyperventilating part is pretty accurate!!!
sickbyc.gif
And thanks Miss Jayne for the reminder to breath!!! And Hobbychick....here's good vibes for your hatch!!!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

OK...nother question, about how long from pip to hatch???
idunno.gif
This is KILLING me
he.gif

Thanks for all the encouragement!!

Back
Top Bottom