I need some help in my search for chickens... Upstate New York

newmotherhen15

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
I am looking for a few chickens. I am in Upstate,NY. Not far from Binghamton. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Geneseo. I am very new at this. I was raised on a farm in Louisiana, but since moving to NY I have not have any chickens. I have waited until we purchased land with a barn in the "country". We are now free from the city life and have the room for a few chickens. My children and I have been searching out just the right kind of chicks for us. I have raised Auracaunas, silver laced wyondattes, RIR previously. I think I might want to add to the mix some cochins, buff orpingtons, and black austrolorps. any ideas??? We have plenty of space we have an acre and a half with a huge barn. I also wanted to get maybe 2 ducks. I have 2 ponds, one filled with koi and one just waiting for ducks to swim around in. I found this site a few weeks ago and I have been soaking up the info. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi and welcome to byc!! Have you checked out craigslist? I do every few days and they always have several chickens on there-just a thought! Good luck with your search.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom