I need some school help....please look!!

amystours

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Alexandria, Louisiana
I have three research papers to write in as many weeks. Two of them, really no problem, however, I'm totally stumped on one of them.

I can choose between either Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood", or "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

I need a topic and a thesis! Once I get those, I can run with it, but I'm just stuck on this assignment....would rather do "In Cold Blood", but I'm open to ANY options at this point!!!

Can anyone PLEASE help me with this??

You need a topic for your thesis? What area are you studying?

In my college days (thank goodness they're over) I was assigned a thesis topic. It made my life easier.

Em

What does the paper have to be, a review?

I'm terrible at coming up with essay ideas and thesis statements, but once I get an idea I can usually run with it. When I have to write reflections, I usually chose one small thing that interested me and focus ONLY on that.

How long does the paper have to be? Any other info you can tell us?

U talking about books or movies??? What subject are u studying??? Did ur instructor give you any other guidelines, or just pick a topic about one of these two titles and write ur thesis???

try and fined the iner meaning of the story.. what the author is REALLY trying to say...start by stating a statment or a question or a definition.. then play off of that. or even stalk about a maine caracter or a spesific part that you can relate with.. idk.. hope that helps..sry:)

I love Breakfast at Tiffany's, and always thought there was a lot you could do comparing Cat and Holly.

Discuss traditional stereotypes about how independent and aloof cats are, and how Holly wants those same things to be true about her. Holly doesn't name him and changes her own name. Stuff like that. She has a home, but is 'homeless' at the same time, as is Cat (homeless meaning without family and desire to stay in one location. She doesn't unpack).

Okay, let me see if I can answer everyone....

This is a Southern Literature class. A 3000 level English.

It has to be a research paper. I have to pick something out of the book and research the aspects of what I chose. My thesis has to be something "arguable", and then I support my thesis with examples.

This is actually about the books. He's showing the movies outside of class for those of us who want to see them, but our info has to come from the books.

Truman DID go through alot of trouble for "Blood"....think it took him, what, six years of research???? I just don't know if I could get 10 pages out of it...

I think that idea about Cat and Holly is brilliant. Again, I just wonder if I could squeeze ten pages out of it....

Thanks so much, you guys, every one of you have given me something to think about!!!

If I were doing the report about Cat & Holly, I'd go to some Psychology texts for research into disorders that might match Holly's (disassociative, I think?).

Compare her and Cat
Compare her psych disorders

If you also looked into Holly's Southern background (growing up wild, marrying young) to find causes for why she is how she is, that might pad the paper as well. And show why she identifies so strongly with Cat and what his 'freedom' represents.

Back
Top Bottom