I need suggestions for good gardening/chicken coop clogs

The thing that gets me about crocs is the holes in them. Do they make them without?
The thing about crocs, I love them and practically live in them, is that when they wear down the traction on the sole they are deadly slippery! They don’t cost much I suppose but I wear them out pretty quickly. I live in wet country so I have rubber boots in all heights! Bogs are good, so are Muck brand but really expensive. I found some this year at a nursery that I really like.

Do they seem to hold up well then? I feel as though I’m overthinking something that should be a simple purchase I just don’t want to waste money. I’m also trying to live a lifestyle that I don’t consume as much which means I need things to hold up!

They seem to hold up pretty well, my oldest pair is 2 or 3 years old and I wear them daily for gardening and they're still watertight. I already bought replacements for them in case that particular style ever gets discontinued.

My hubby also wears them as his casual shoes, but since he wears them exclusively all the time he wears them out after 9 months or so.

The thing about crocs, I love them and practically live in them, is that when they wear down the traction on the sole they are deadly slippery! They don’t cost much I suppose but I wear them out pretty quickly. I live in wet country so I have rubber boots in all heights! Bogs are good, so are Muck brand but really expensive. I found some this year at a nursery that I really like.
Good to know about crocs, I have a problem with slipping on things whether I’m wearing shoes or not, so they are probably not for me :lau

I swear my yard is in a perpetually swampy state. We have a drainage ditch that had been installed across the back of it and will be putting in a dry creek across the one side of our yard as well as the tube that runs down from the ditch can’t hold that much water even with a holding concrete block that feeds the tube! I’m just so used to sloshing when I step of my deck that when I don’t hear it something feels wrong lol.

They seem to hold up pretty well, my oldest pair is 2 or 3 years old and I wear them daily for gardening and they're still watertight. I already bought replacements for them in case that particular style ever gets discontinued.

My hubby also wears them as his casual shoes, but since he wears them exclusively all the time he wears them out after 9 months or so.
That’s some pretty good shoes if you bought a second pair in fear of them being discontinued!

These are the ones I got at a local nursery. The brand is western chief and they seem to be pretty well built. I didn’t have a choice of color. They were $65 out so, I believe the Muck brand is much more.
B635B915-B8C6-490B-8045-430E34AD908E.jpeg

The Muck brand is the best! I have their all season tall boots, they last several years and are waterproof, and warm in winter. Very comfortable!
In summer when it's dry i wear the older 'retired' pair of running shoes, with the laces loose enough to slip on and off.
Mary

The Muck brand is the best! I have their all season tall boots, they last several years and are waterproof, and warm in winter. Very comfortable!
In summer when it's dry i wear the older 'retired' pair of running shoes, with the laces loose enough to slip on and off.
Mary
I had some Muck brand ankle high boots which were really good! They were plaid so looked kinda silly but I wore them for several years. Insulated so great in the cold and also kept my feet from sweating when I mowed the lawn in spring and summer. Their traction was so good they were safer to wear on slippery grass than the old runners I usually use in the summer. We live in a hill so traction is everything here.

I used to have a pair of Bog knockoffs. They were a Canadian Tire brand (which I know you can't get down there). They were a lot cheaper than Bogs but sooo comfortable and lasted me about 4 or 5 years. Finally got a crack in the sole last fall but could not find the same ones again so I got a Woods brand to replace them. Not sure if they are available in the States. They are the same style as the high Bogs. I find them quite comfortable and I wear them all the time as we have a very wet property as well.

Back
Top Bottom