I need to interview somebody 2/24/09

ForkCity

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
If you would, please state your name (first and last) and answer the following questions.. I'll take more than one. I need this for a project that is due today that I forgot to do because I was caring for my own chickens.. Oops.. And as you can tell by my questions I am BS-ing this...

1. How long have you had/did you have chickens?

2. What kinds of chickens do/did you have?

3. About how many chickens do you have/did you have?

4. Did you ever have a favorite chicken that you named and/or was your pet?

5. Were you chickens free range, kept in a coop, etc...? How did you keep them?

6. What is your favorite thing about having chickens?

7. What other animals do/did you keep, if any?

8. For what purposes do/did you keep chickens?

Thank you VERY much!!!

1. How long have you had/did you have chickens? Since September of 2008 (6 months)

2. What kinds of chickens do/did you have? Bantam Barred Roacks, Bantam Cochins and Bantam frizzle Cochins

3. About how many chickens do you have/did you have? 6 hens and 1 roo

4. Did you ever have a favorite chicken that you named and/or was your pet? All of them are my pets. Little man is the roo, cleo, chicken,honey,grace,sweetie,and Lindy

5. Were you chickens free range, kept in a coop, etc...? How did you keep them? The get locked in a coop at night. They have a covered run and they free range for an hour or two every day.

6. What is your favorite thing about having chickens? They are silly, and the wonderful fresh eggs.

7. What other animals do/did you keep, if any? 1 rabbit, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 cockatail

8. For what purposes do/did you keep chickens? Mainly eggs

Last edited:
1. How long have you had/did you have chickens? About a year...

2. What kinds of chickens do/did you have? Rhode Island Reds, Easter Eggers, Mille Fleur D'Uccles, B/B/S Cochins (LF). Eggs in the incubator: BLRWs, Cochins, and Cuckoo Marans

3. About how many chickens do you have/did you have? About 50

4. Did you ever have a favorite chicken that you named and/or was your pet?No.

5. Were you chickens free range, kept in a coop, etc...? How did you keep them?Coop with a large run. About 10-12 sq/ft per chicken in the run, and 4-5 sq/ft per chicken in the coop.

6. What is your favorite thing about having chickens? Chicken TV!

7. What other animals do/did you keep, if any?Ducks, Doves, Goats, Donkeys, Dogs, Cats, Reptiles, Rabbits

8. For what purposes do/did you keep chickens? Eggs.. and pure enjoyment!

1. 1989-2003 14 years
2.Standard-White Leghorn, Brown Leghorn, Rhode Island Red,Buff Orpington, White Rock, Silver Spangled Hamburg; Bantam- White Japanese, BO, White Leghorn; Mutts in both sizes
3.Less than twenty at a time
4.All pets, named them all
5.Standard free range, Bantam coop
6.Chicken TV
7.Dogs, cats, wolf, chickens, ducks, gerbils, mice
8.Pets, bug patrol, eggs

1. How long have you had/did you have chickens? one year

2. What kinds of chickens do/did you have? Comet, Silkie, Polish, Buff Orp, turken, serama

3. About how many chickens do you have/did you have? 8 now- had 11

4. Did you ever have a favorite chicken that you named and/or was your pet? Yes, a little game hen, her name was Irvine.

5. Were you chickens free range, kept in a coop, etc...? How did you keep them? coop- with yard to range in

6. What is your favorite thing about having chickens?they are cheaper than a psychiatrist

7. What other animals do/did you keep, if any?rabbits, dogs, cats, parrots, tortoise, bearded dragon, hamster, guinea pigs

8. For what purposes do/did you keep chickens?eggs. Oh truthfully? They are my escape- my respite, my paradise- my therapist.

Thank you VERY much!!!

1. How long have you had/did you have chickens?
We had chickens when I was a kid, and I have had them for about a year.

2. What kinds of chickens do/did you have?
Partridge Rocks, Cochin, and one lonely Production Red.

3. About how many chickens do you have/did you have?
nine and 39 in the bator due in two days.

4. Did you ever have a favorite chicken that you named and/or was your pet?
Yes, most of mine our named, but my favorit is a black Cochin named Molly.

5. Were you chickens free range, kept in a coop, etc...? How did you keep them?
They are free range. We have a coop and a run, but they are always out.

6. What is your favorite thing about having chickens?
I love to watch them scrounge around for food, and I am so excited to hatch out babies.

7. What other animals do/did you keep, if any?
We have 4 rabbits and two dogs.

8. For what purposes do/did you keep chickens?
Eggs, but we also plan to raise chicks for meat. No more yucky hormone fed meat!

Back
Top Bottom