I need to kill my roo and i cant do it

Pics
One thing I've found since starting a family is that there is a vast difference between what I will put up with personally, and what I'm willing to put my family through.
Sure doesn't make killing any easier, but if its gotta happen, then its gotta happen.
This is a great point. I could endure a lot for myself on a personal level, but I have young kids and there's no place for a mean rooster on our property.

Glad I stepped off this thread back on page 13 - a quick glance at the 13 pages that followed shows it has not improved with age.

I wonder what has changed of late - when I joined BYC, not so very long ago, threads about flock management were not so dominated by advice based solely in emotion, often by first time posters, who had not done the original poster the respect of reading the thread before inserting their opinions.

If this was a product placement, I'd think a bunch of these "reviews" were authored by bots.

fixed broad head for the win 😈😈😈 love my DIRTNAP DRT blades. Except im on a matthews DXT
I picked up a Bear Lamiglass 61" 29# for a song with another Bear 45# Lamiglass.

The seller told me that anything under 40# is worth little due to hunting laws.

Well, based on how rare a bow it is and how popular archery became after a book/movie trilogy, its worth quite a bit more now. 🎯

I hope you'll consider showing him that you are the boss before killing him. My rooster doesn't bother me -- all I had to do when he was a slightly jerky adolescent last summer was lean in and stare him down hard -- but he does bother others. He still acts like he's thinking about bothering me but he doesn't attack. My guy carried a fishing net around and scooped him up and held him down a few times -- that made him behave around my guy, for the most part.

The reason I hope you'll save him from himself, other than the obvious, is that having a rooster around is very good for free ranging hens. The rooster's aggressiveness is exactly what is needed when hawks, dogs, and other hen murderers show up!
I still have big bird. He's not a psycho and we had tried being dominant like everyday since he's been fully feathered he just got progressively worse instead of better. I'm glad he's gone. My and my goose have gotten to spend time together and my garden and yard look great since I can work in peace

I still have big bird. He's not a psycho and we had tried being dominant like everyday since he's been fully feathered he just got progressively worse instead of better. I'm glad he's gone. My and my goose have gotten to spend time together and my garden and yard look great since I can work in peace
People often undervalue peace. I'm so glad you found some. :hugs

A rooster attacking would never work out on my farm because once my Sheppard learned that chickens were dangerous he would kill them all.
20201102_154311.jpg

Oh, sorry. I know that. The wording if the sentence was just confusing. Hmmm. I know this sounds absurd, but could you catch him in a cage and put him on a table at the end of your driveway or something saying free rooster?
Everyone laughed at this, but I know someone who did it

Back
Top Bottom