1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need to know if these are TRUE Asils. Gamefowl Experts???!!! =]

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by poultryhaven, Jan 18, 2010.

1. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Hello, I went to a swap saturday and was told these were Asils. The more I look at one of the hens, I think Dark Cornish. Can you please help me lol. The weird
    thing is the two roosters get along. Asils dont get along with other roosters??? The two roos look the same but the hens are different. There is 2 pairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    They don't appear to be true Asils to me. I agree with you, they look very dark cornish-ish.

3. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

NO. Look like some Asil blood, but mixed with something. Asils don`t have wattles. Can`t tell the eye color, but Asils have white eyes, not red as most other breeds. PM me and tell me why you want Asils........Pop

4. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Definitely not Asils.

5. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    As the others have said, they do not look to be pure asil. However, there are select lines of asils that do not have the pearl eyes, but only know of a few breeders that have them.

6. poultryhaven

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    I just went out there, and they all have yellow eyes except the thick hen. She has a palish white. She looks like a cornish though. Lollipop, PM sent

7. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Body carriage, feathers, white legs, etc.. Almost looks like they could have some OEGB in them.

8. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    As DT stated, there appears to be some OEG in all the others except the MOST DEFINITE Dark Cornish hen in the third picture. I have 5 of them and she is absolutely a DC hen.

9. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    The third picture does look like a Dark Cornish. Not sure on the others, but I don't think they are purebred Asil.

10. poultryhaven

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Ok [​IMG] I'm not really mad but upset cause I thought they were asils lol. I only paid $10 for a pair and traded a sizzle roo for the other [​IMG] I have always wanted a Dark COrnish so i'm glad I finally got one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by