1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS WILL BE OK TO DO

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JANDRFIRE, Mar 27, 2008.

1. JANDRFIRE

JANDRFIRE Out Of The Brooder

I AM A NEWBIE AND I ORDERED 14 PULLETS FROM IDEAL THEY WILL BE SHIPPED ON 4/2 WE ARE PLANNING ON GOING TO THE LIVESTOCK AUCTION ON 3/30 AND I WANT TO SEE IF THEY HAVE ANY BANTAM SILKIE CHICKS IF THEY DO WILL IT BE OK TO PUT THE ONES FROM IDEAL IN THE SAME BROODER IF THEY ARE CLOSE TO THE SAME AGE. THANKS ANY OPINIONS WILL BE GREAT

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    If they are the same age it should be fine.

However, it is recommended that you quarantine chickens coming from different places for around 4 wks to make sure that they are all healthy before putting them together.

3. JANDRFIRE

I DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT QUARANTINE THANK YOU FOR THAT I HAVE 1 SMALLER BROODER IN THE HOUSE I WAS GOING TO USE FOR THE FIRST COUPLE OF WEEKS AND THEN SWITCH TO A LARGER ONE IN THE GARAGE SO MAYBE I WILL USE THEM BOTH AT THE SAME TIME THANKS.

4. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    May I offer a suggestion, while on the Internet and you type in all Upper Case letters you are yelling at people, please type normally... Thanks

5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG][​IMG] I'm Used to being HOLLARED AT I AM married

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    [​IMG]

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Quote:I always feel the same way! [​IMG]

8. JANDRFIRE

sorry i am deaf in one ear and cant hear out of the other. [​IMG] actually i do it because i dont have my new glasses yet and it helps to be able to read. i promise no more yelling

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by