I need to know the sex of my chickens

kriston79

Chirping
Mar 8, 2016
New York
I have 6 Plymouth Bard Rock Chicks that are about 5 to 6 weeks old... I have no clue what their sex is, but I really want to know. I do not want Roosters and If I have some I need to get them a new home to some one that might need them for I cannot have them in my area. Can anyone one help me figure this out? Is there a way to check or know?

I agree. looks like 3 of each. It might help a little if you could post individual pictures of each chick. Are there any red waddle buds coming in? I have 2 barred Rock pullets (11weeks) and one has always had a bigger comb but neither combs are bright red and no waddle buds yet. Also mine are both pretty black and white. Is the coloring of the 3 with larger pinker combs more greyish?

I agree. looks like 3 of each. It might help a little if you could post individual pictures of each chick. Are there any red waddle buds coming in? I have 2 barred Rock pullets (11weeks) and one has always had a bigger comb but neither combs are bright red and no waddle buds yet. Also mine are both pretty black and white. Is the coloring of the 3 with larger pinker combs more greyish?

Thanks for the responses. You folks just confirmed what I feared. Only I would pick 3 roosters out of six chicks. LOL!

just from this pic - it looks like the top left bird is a female and the bottom left 2 (of the 4 on bottom) are females.
Hard to tell from the pics

At this age, their comb should be a good indicator. If it is large and red, it is a roo.

just from this pic - it looks like the top left bird is a female and the bottom left 2 (of the 4 on bottom) are females.
Hard to tell from the pics

At this age, their comb should be a good indicator. If it is large and red, it is a roo.

Back
Top Bottom