I need your HELP! Sick Silkie....Bubbley Eye Bugers..PIC

PeepsInc

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
NY Tri State region
I could just kick myself. I bought a pare of silkies,well 2 pare at the tailgate swap. 1 of the birds I think is a hen? Had bubbles under one of it's eyes this morning. It looks like a thick mucous. I dont see any other sign of sickness. I gave it a bath & have it drying now. I planned on treating it with an antibiotic. My question is should I treat my entire flock now. This bird was caged seperate,but they all road home togeather in the back of the truck. The birds that I didn't sell were released back in the flock. I'm worried I just infected my entire flock with something. UGGh..... I need your advice.... I've never had a sick bird on my property before. I thought about culling it, but I thought I should try curing it to make sure it is cureable. I'm going to Tractor supply to grab some meds. What meds should I get that will cure a wider spectrum of problems? ,& should I treat my entire flock? Your advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance,Chris....
34651_picture_1434.jpg

Are there any other symptoms? Runny nose or anything? If not, I would just treat it's eye with Terramycin ointment---TSC carries it. It's in a little tube and you just carefully apply to the eye 2x a day for about a week.

Thanks for the reply. I called the bird doctor in Maryland & he said kill the bird ,& treat the rest of my flock with Garamycin. So I called the vet to see if I could get Garamycin from her. She was in sergury and was going to call me back. I took the sick bird & the 2 I had it caged with to my parents house. They dont raise birds,nor do any of the neighbors. Hopefully everything will be OK with my flock. I'll avoid any auctions or sales untill I know my flock is clean.

Back
Top Bottom