I needed to get this off my chest, it hurts

hugs.gif

I am so sorry that you are going through this....
hugs.gif
What is so hard with dementia is the for the "caregiver" spouse. They see their spouse getting worse. It is a slow death physically, and it is like losing a loved one twice.......... I will keep your family in my prayers. It has happened in my immediate family, extended family and friends....
theresa

Last edited:
I'm so very sorry. Dementia is such a horrible disease. It robs the person of their very soul. It breaks my heart any time I hear of someone having it. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
I've been through/seen my sisters go through this with both of my brothers in law. Be there for your uncle as much as is possible.
hugs.gif

You know, I don't know if everybody feels like this or not but I do. It seems to me that when you near the end of your life, it is very comforting to know your life counted for something. You say this is your 'favorite' uncle and aunt. Why not write a living tribute to them and tell them what they meant to you? Mention old, old parties or presents they gave you or funny stories they told - or anything really, that would validate their existence.

If they are Christians, they already know God loves them. But sometimes it's good to know just what their life meant to the ones they touched here on this earth.

This won't help the situation, of course. But it just might bring a bright moment to them.

hugs.gif

hugs.gif

My aunt is also suffering from Alzheimers. My uncle refused to believe anything was wrong for years until he just couldn't ignore it. Even now there are times that he acts like things are okay. Thankfully another aunt lives nearby and she keeps an eye on them both. It is heartbreaking watching my aunt slowly fade away.

hugs.gif
again because you need it twice.

Back
Top Bottom