I never knew.....

Vickilynn45

Songster
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
I never knew how much I would love having chickens. My chicks are five weeks old today and I can't believe how much I enjoy having them, and how entertaining they are. Who knew chickens were this interesting. :) Our family is going through a very dark time with my mother-in-law's broken neck and now pneumonia, and the chicks are a bright spot in our lives, and for that I'm grateful. Just had to share my joy.

Last edited:
Great to hear that you are enjoying your chicks. They are very entertaining and a lot of fun. You will enjoy watching their antics as they grow up to be adult hens as well. Funny little creatures. Best wishes for your mother in law.

ive just got chickens too! mine are now 11 weeks and just spent their first night outside in the coop. i know what you mean they really are a ray of sunshine, real little characters! sorry to hear about your mother in law i wish her a speedy recovery x

I know what you mean mine are 6-7 weeks old and I miss them on our sun porch but I have a log bench that I sit to watch them. The wife and I have fun just watching them fly around and scratch up bugs.

here is where I sit to watch them notice the stump with the board on top. it is not a true stump just a log from a tree the neighbor cut down

I know what you mean mine are 6-7 weeks old and I miss them on our sun porch but I have a log bench that I sit to watch them. The wife and I have fun just watching them fly around and scratch up bugs.

here is where I sit to watch them notice the stump with the board on top. it is not a true stump just a log from a tree the neighbor cut down

Haha, love that! We decided to set two folding chairs outside the coop run, and we can take them in when we want. I know if we left them inside the run, we wouldn't be able to sit on them due to the poop lol.

I have to agree. I never would have thought that chickens would be so interesting and fun to keep. We currently have 19 chickens, 2 Pekin Ducklings, and 18 eggs in our incubator. We began with a mere 8 chickens (4 RIR and 4 BO) as 1 week old chicks. After a couple of weeks with our first set I knew I was totally addicted. They are so much fun to watch and care for. They each have their own little personality. All of our chickens are very tame and docile and whenever we go out into the coop with our older birds they will come to greet us. Its so fascinating to watch them grow. However, if you had told me a year ago that we would be raising chickens I would have told you that you're crazy, but now I couldn't see myself doing anything else.

I have a chair by my coop also and find myself taking a book out there and instead of reading watching them. I have decided one of chicks is not as smart as the others, poor little thing is always doing dumb things and getting lost inside and outside the coop, which keeps me laughing. I have been wondering if she needs glasses.

Back
Top Bottom