I notice my run has some feathers laying around

foglong

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2017
Sciota PA
My chickens Donnie appear to have any bold spot it I do see feathers laying around the floor of my run. Is this normal for June? Should I be concerned? They are eating and drinking water, no sign of stress except I do see them pecking themselves at times.

My chickens Donnie appear to have any bold spot it I do see feathers laying around the floor of my run. Is this normal for June? Should I be concerned? They are eating and drinking water, no sign of stress except I do see them pecking themselves at times.
If the bald spot is on their backs, the rooster is over mating. If the bald spots are elsewhere, they are probably just molting. You'll notice a drop in eggs if they are molting. Just to be sure, check them for mites, but you'd probably see them itching from it.

If the bald spot is on their backs, the rooster is over mating. If the bald spots are elsewhere, they are probably just molting. You'll notice a drop in eggs if they are molting. Just to be sure, check them for mites, but you'd probably see them itching from it.
Thanks, I don't see any bold spots, but I do see that they are missing their tail feathers, that's what I'm seeing on the floor of the run, their tail features...

Back
Top Bottom