I now have ducks and geese!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
And I'm very excited! My ducks are HQ indian runners with the sweetest personalities. They were brooded with the geese, so I think they are a little confused about what species they are. Others have told me their runners are skittish, but mine are not. Non-skittish to the point of running up and tugging on my clothes and the tops of my rubber boots begging for treats.

My geese are an tufted american buff and a brecon buff. Why didn't anyone tell me what wonderful pets geese are long before now??? My AB is a goofball and a lap gander. My brecon is prissy, but loving. I can't wait until (hopefully) this coming spring to have little goslings running around.
love.gif
Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't make me wait until their second year.
fl.gif

Being blessed to have the money to feed them, the energy to care for them and my fourth coop plans started (the coop that is still a secret from hubby ;) ) I can't wait to overrun our farm in geese.

Note to husbands: This is what happens when you tell your wife she can have waterfowl if she gives up her dream of a horse.
lol.png

Here's Tuffy and Lucy being silly in the call ducks pool:

your geese appear to be two American Buffs one is tufted and one is not. If ordered from a hatchery then it doesnt matter what someone said based on pictures what the breed is. Genetic oddities can and do pop up in flocks and yes even pink bills and feet. Making them both Buff Americans one tufted one not.

Last edited:
I think Geese are so cool but haven't worked up the courage to get a mated pair yet. My ducks are noisy enough, and I fear geese may bother the neighbors. We do live in the country but our property is sandwiched between 2 trailer courts--it's an odd setup.

Your Geese are so cute in their pool. Have fun with them.

No, sorry but Lucy is a brecon buff. I have recently made several UK friends that have confirmed it. She doesn't have the orange bill and legs of the AB, she's a pink girl all the way.
smile.png

I think Geese are so cool but haven't worked up the courage to get a mated pair yet. My ducks are noisy enough, and I fear geese may bother the neighbors. We do live in the country but our property is sandwiched between 2 trailer courts--it's an odd setup.

Your Geese are so cute in their pool. Have fun with them.
Thanks. I guess noise is relative. I find my call hen to be a bit noisier than the geese. At any rate my neighbors are few and far between. The one neighbor that can hear them tells me she enjoys hearing them.
smile.png

They're so pretty! I want geese now!
roll.png
After raising chickens and thinking they were the best type of fowl, I am so glad I took the plunge and decided to slip a pair in with my duck order. Now if the silly things would just realize that the big pool is for geese and the little pool is for calls.
roll.png

Oh how could I neglect to mention Fred and Ethel the call ducks?? Love them to pieces too
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom