I only have 3 hens.

I am the poultry keeper in my family. My wife is tolerant and/or bemused by them so long as the feed bill doesn't get too far out of hand. So I am on your side in this.

But as a husband I also have to caution to go slow on this. You haven't told us WHY he objects to your getting more birds. That has everything to do with the matter. WHY does he object? If you know that then perhaps there is a way to mollify him.

Every once in a while my wife will really put her foot down about something. In those cases I try to explore with her what her objections are then do what I can to remedy them. I very seldom will just bull ahead and do it anyway if I know she is really set against it. That only creates hard feelings that WILL express themselves in other areas in other ways.

im a man and i would not care.. my wife told me if i ever bought a motorcycle 2years after we were married we would get a devorce i showed up on a brand new honda and asked her if she wanted a ride to the lawyers office. she laughed and now she rides as much as i do.. so do what makes you happy

If you take care of them and do all the work, then it's your choice.
Why wouldn't he want twice as much breakfast?
big_smile.png

My hubby and I both share our passion of chickens.. Though he does more around the chickens than I do since Im in charge of taking care of the dogs. If you are the one doing everything and paying for their feed and such, then I dont see why 3 more would hurt. But why doesnt he want you to get them? Do you have enough space for them?

Back
Top Bottom