I only wanted 2 chickens lol

Thanks for the welcome everyone. just to give everyone A quick update. 3 off my babies hatched from 4pm last night through to 3am. No problems at all. My last chick pipped this morning very early and by 8pm was having problems, she was half in and half out for 3 hrs and the others were bullying her probably due to weakness and getting stuck, so me and the daughter in law carefully helped. She was weak but some sugar water and then later this evening raw egg yolk on a dampened artist brush and she shuffling around the incubator Similar to how the others were. I’ve had to remove the other 3 into the brooder as they were attacking her or him. Hopefully it will make it through the night as my daughter in law went home heart Broken that she couldn’t stay. So another night vigil making sure this little one pulls through.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. just to give everyone A quick update. 3 off my babies hatched from 4pm last night through to 3am. No problems at all. My last chick pipped this morning very early and by 8pm was having problems, she was half in and half out for 3 hrs and the others were bullying her probably due to weakness and getting stuck, so me and the daughter in law carefully helped. She was weak but some sugar water and then later this evening raw egg yolk on a dampened artist brush and she shuffling around the incubator Similar to how the others were. I’ve had to remove the other 3 into the brooder as they were attacking her or him. Hopefully it will make it through the night as my daughter in law went home heart Broken that she couldn’t stay. So another night vigil making sure this little one pulls through.
How is the late hatcher this morning?

Back
Top Bottom