I opened the Bator! Help please

Rmec85

Hatching
Mar 20, 2020
Hi everyone, new here, and new to quail hatching/raising šŸ˜Š

I am confused about opening the incubator during lockdown to remove chicks that have been in there and are ready to come out. Today is currently day 18. I had several quail hatch overnight from day 16 to 17 and they were very ready to come out after 12 plus hours... I thought I'd picked a good time with a break between hatching and removed them into the brooder, they're doing great. One egg that must have pipped before I opened it was having trouble coming out. It had made a decent hole but then made no progress for about 15 hours. I could tell the area was looking very dry and read a fantastic post on this site about helping them out. It worked beautifully, the chick is absolutely doing great.

My problem is the 6 eggs left in the Bator. One of them was wobbling quite a bit earlier, it has some cracks but not really a pip. Now it is still. I'm worried the poor thing is stuck in there. I'm also worried that when I removed chicks yesterday and today I have messed up the humidity too much, as well as accidentally moving eggs around, and now they can't get out. Any advice? Should I be trying to help the wobbly one with line cracks yet?

I'm a nervous quail chick mumma! X

Back
Top Bottom