I opened up an egg that hadn't hatched

I will take a good look and then remove it.

The other chick is with a different mama, but still, close enough. I don't want anyone getting sick.

On a happier note, letting my broodys hatch eggs is so fun and I just love observing the mama with her little chick, all the things she teaches it. It's truly amazing to me the bonds of mothers and their children, even chicken mamas.

Thank you all for your replies!

Quote:
Not good? As in harmful somehow?

I think I am confused, you said you opened it? If open, how do you put back under the broody? Did you help a little, or totally open? Either way, take it out so it doesn't go further and love the chick you have...

Quote:
Yes it is wonderful we had a Momma hen who was brooding her chicks for 18weeks would you believe - but the little ones who were hatched late were from the incubator and they were not accepted by the momma hen. We would take them out and play worm hunts with them because we would see Momma hen teaching the other 4 chicks and our little two were left behind in the chicken lessons! It was hard work being chicken parents! Wonderful though! It was truely amazing to watch momma hen and her chicken lessons!!!!

Oesdog

Back
Top Bottom