I ordered more meaties!!

stanglover2001

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
I ordered from Ideal this go around, I like Welp better since no other hatchery can beat the price of 25 cornishx. But I ordered 10 straight run cornishx and 15 straight run red broilers! They sent the email and said Oct 13 is the ship out date! Good gracious that'll be cold outside! Oh well, DH said we needed to go ahead and order so we did. I'm not looking foward to the stinkies but with only 10 I think it'll be less stressful. The freedom rangers hopefully turn out well, because if they do I might have to start ordering more at a time!

Just got in 100 today. We will be bumping up against some cold weather, but can't stand butchering in the summer(knats). Welp cx out of Bancroft IA.
Dennis

I just ordered another 50 as well. We have raised and sold almost 500 this year, but need to do a batch for our freezer. I seem to have bigger birds when I raise them in cooler weather. Last years Fall batch averaged 5 1/2 lbs (Straight run) in less than 8 weeks. It can be tough the first few weeks dealing with chicks in cooler weather, but once they are feathered, they seem to thrive.

Well since they're not sending them til Oct 13 the CornishX will be ready December 8, and the FR will be ready Dec 22. So, it gets cold at night around then but it's normally bearable during the day.

Back
Top Bottom