I plan on leaving chickens alone at least one week

I am planning to leave the girls for a week in December. I have a person lined up to check on the girls and collect eggs.Their coop has R16 insulation as well as the nesting box. They have a heat lamp on a thermostate plug. We are in the process of adding in an automatic door. They have two 5 gallon buckets with nipple supply and a 7 gallon feed hopper and three other sources of food. We have a bird bath water heater to keep the water source flowing in the run and insulated the other one. Water has been good for weeks as they have free range sources. We will keep them inside while we are away. I know they are secure that way. I will see how long their feed last as I don't know. Thanks for the tip.

i found out a breeder who also charge a small amount per week to take care of chicken while owners are away. I have a small flock so that's easy for us to transfer the chicken there. I wonder if such service is also available in your area.

i found out a breeder who also charge a small amount per week to take care of chicken while owners are away. I have a small flock so that's easy for us to transfer the chicken there. I wonder if such service is also available in your area.
Thanks but I am looking for tips on how to put them on auto-pilot in case chicken sitting plans either can't be made or fall apart last minute.

Gary

I go through spells where I unexpectedly leave my very secured coop / run unattended for extended periods.

That said, my setup is designed for exactly what you are looking for.

My food supply will last a maximum of 5 weeks when full, 3 weeks at any given time.

My main water supply, 2 weeks at any given time.

I have several of these backup water supply on hand for preplanned absences.

Hope this helps.

I go through spells where I unexpectedly leave my very secured coop / run unattended for extended periods.

That said, my setup is designed for exactly what you are looking for.

My food supply will last a maximum of 5 weeks when full, 3 weeks at any given time.

My main water supply, 2 weeks at any given time.

I have several of these backup water supply on hand for preplanned absences.

Hope this helps.

Thanks LOVE the waterer

Back
Top Bottom