I posted in emergencies, but no one responded.

Okay, just to clarify...is that medicated turkey feed? How much tylan should I purchase tomorrow? Is it safe to give the turkey as well? I'm definately not eating him at this point.

Quote:
What do you think is going on with them? I'm interested in knowing b/c I have the two small ones myself.
smile.png
Would you have a picture or link on how to give them an injectible in the breast? Is that where most injectibles go on peafowl or just this particular one?

thinking sinusitis, sound like the turkey has it. Yes give it to the turkey also. No would not give to the one not sick.

Get a small bottle, little goes a long way. Hope they dont have blackhead, need to take dropping to vet to be checked.

I lose very few peachicks from disease.

1. I dont mixs with chickens
2. raise on wire first 2 months.
3. feed a medicated starter first 3 months.
4. worm with safe guard(panacure) start at 2 to 3 months

They dont just drop dead, trouble is if sick they dont show or act sick until near the end.

Prevention so much better than treatment.
I raise poults the same way, lost none last two years(turkey)

While in TSC I see several different safeguard products. Of course none of them list peafowl...or turkeys. What am I looking for? No one there knows anything. (usually). So I should bring a poop sample to the vet? Does it need to be steaming fresh..or under the roost? I need to take a goat sample anyway. Oh my glamorous life.

Are there symptoms of blackhead that I should look for?

My chickens free range. Never lost one to illness. Lost one chick to drowning in a bucket. How bad is it to free range them with peafowl? I have 60 acres so there's plenty of space. Is there anything that could make it work? If not, and I let the peas free range, they'll no doubt hang around the chicken run anyway.

2 cc for the turkey, i use safeguard for goats. Some chicken can carry blackhead, no harm to the chickens, but deadly to turkey and peafowl. Free range just make sure you keep them wormed.

Not sayin they got anything from the chicken, but I dont risk it. That could have got something from the ground.

Back
Top Bottom