I really hate mondays.

Dapplepony

Songster
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
So I'm kinda half dressed (I mean, I was dressed, but not going to the opera house anytime soon.) this morning when I go outside and my mom's lunging my horse in the arena. Well, my sister, [link] , her dog Ali comes running out of nowhere and runs right into my horse's legs and gets clipped by the horse's back leg. Ali hit the ground and lay there screaming as only a wild thing dying can and having what might have been a seizer. I thought she was dying. Mom ran over and picked her up carefully and we ran for the car. Grabbed my sister on our out and drove for the vet, Ali in my lap. On the way over to the vet, Ali was bleeding from her nose, but the closer to the vet's we got, the more alert and awake she seemed. The vet said she should be alright and they are keeping her at the vet's office for the day so they could treat her for shock and do brain checks all day. Fingers crossed she does alright.

fl.gif
hugs.gif

Good news!

Ali made it through yesterday with no problems! She is pretty much back to normal today, Even wanted to go outside with mom and I to feed the horses. XD

Great day today. Ali is just about back to normal; running around, etc. just a little more quietly. I bet she has a KILLER headache though. Poor baby.

I had a miniature schnauzer who got out and got stepped on by one of my horses. (probably because she was running around their feet and barking
roll.png
) Anyway it was very apparent that her front leg was broken. Off she went to the vet for a cast. She healed up just fine. Funny though she forgot all about it in a few months and was back trying to annoy the horses again.

Possibility the seizure like reaction was from pain and shock. We had one that got hit by a car act similar. Never did it again thankfully. Learning to go at it a bit more quietly and slowly might not be the worst lesson a farm dog can learn.

Ali is totally better now and I brought pictures!

Unfortunately, these pictures are from maybe a year or two ago due to cameras being stupid.
barnie.gif
Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom