I really need some help with my duck.

Summer_raee

In the Brooder
Nov 3, 2018
Hello , I could use some help with my duck. The hen Rex and my duck Blue April of this year me and my brother received a chicken and a duck. They were inseparable right from the start. Sadly Rex suddenly passed away a couple of days ago due to unknown circumstances. Blue is miserable now. He misses her. I'm not sure what to do he won't eat or drink anymore and just stand in his coop staring at where she was laying when we found her. He is very very skittish. My family wants me to bring him to the local park so he can live with the other ducks but I don't believe he would do well out there. I think he would be scared of the other ducks. I want to get him a new friend so he won't be loanly but I'm scared he will be scared of the new chicken or duck I get. All I know is that I don't want him to be alone and possibly die from his grieving.

Attachments

• 20180519_174349.jpg
    20180519_174349.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 11
Poor fellow. Yes, he will appreciate the company. Ducks are flock animals, so that's what he wants most. Don't take him to live with wild ducks. I don't think that would go very well.
Good luck to you and your sweet duckie! :)

Please don't take him to the local park. Try and find him a friend in a duck look on craigs list. Drakes and chicken hens really shouldn't live together drakes are very hormonal and if they mate with a hen can actually kill her since hens are not made to be penetrated. I have Runners too and I am so sorry this has happened to Blue But tossing him off at the local park is a sure death sentence. Try finding him another friend or two He'll be so happy if you do. What state are you in? we ave a forum here called "where am I where are you" look up your state and post your thread there along with looking on craigs list. Beautiful Drake. And your sure Blue is a drake? @Summer_raee

Please don't take him to the local park. Try and find him a friend in a duck look on craigs list. Drakes and chicken hens really shouldn't live together drakes are very hormonal and if they mate with a hen can actually kill her since hens are not made to be penetrated. I have Runners too and I am so sorry this has happened to Blue But tossing him off at the local park is a sure death sentence. Try finding him another friend or two He'll be so happy if you do. What state are you in? we ave a forum here called "where am I where are you" look up your state and post your thread there along with looking on craigs list. Beautiful Drake. And your sure Blue is a drake? @Summer_raee
When I got him from my uncle he said he was a Male. So I just believed him.

Back
Top Bottom