I really ought to be working........

Quote:
Except for Batty. She gets prunes. Especially now that she ordered that field privy...

when you gotta go.......why not go in class. No Wait, Not in class, I think there are school rules against that sort of thing. I meant WITH class.......no that sounds weird too. Heck all I know is we will have an official spot that will be "the place" to go!

Now, DH just has to get eh bush hogging done and cut back some trees................

Quote:
I think the word you wanted is 'style' not 'class'.
gig.gif

I'd leave the trees in case a back-up privy is needed
lol.png

Quote:
I think the word you wanted is 'style' not 'class'.
gig.gif

I'd leave the trees in case a back-up privy is needed
lol.png

LOL! He's cutting back the trees that hang too low on the drive. The property is 213 acres and hasn't been tended to in years. It's been a lot to do since his injury. Makes him tired more than normal. He's mowing the front paddock today and hopefully the lower paddock where the minis are. I've got to get eh barn cleaned up a bit too. It's 1/2 barn and 1/2 storage shed since all our stuff is in it now til we get a real home. Of course, he wants to stay in the camper. I just want electricity so I can run the fridge. This eating out stuff is expensive!

Yes, eating out every day is not only expensive, but really bad for you, too.
DH wants us to live out of a camper post-retirement and just drive all over the US. I need a house, though, and refuse to sell all of my stuff. Good thing we have a bunch of years before we have to duke out that decision!

I told my daughter about the old car vs old pick-up truck.She was leaning towards the car until I mentioned the flat-black paint with doodles drawn on it. The truck would have 'more room to paint stuff' so she's suddenly envisioning her first vehicle as a pick-up truck
roll.png

My daughter is sooooo not mainstream. She left for Washington at 6am this morning (had to have her there at 5:30am). Kinda wish I could've brought her to the sale. And then I remembered there might be bunnies there. Now I'm glad she's on a school trip!

If I suddenly disappear it's because I passed out. 0500 was a little too extreme for me. Especially since it was near midnight before I finally fell asleep.
I may have to drink a Mtn Dew for the caffeine....

Quote:
I had ice cream last night and thought about your strawberries... I don't think it would work with Cubanelle peppers though. hummm.. jalapeno jelly might be good on ice cream... ack! I am addled!

I slugged through it. I cheated though. I had to empty my big pot that contained sugar water I made to top off the wine carboys. I poured in too much and had to get a straw and suck some out...and I am not a 'swish and spit' wine snob. I swallow it. Well, the sugar water being denser sank, and the high proof alcohol is less dense and right there at the top...and after the initial buzz I realized I overfilled ALL of the carboys and the air locks wouldn't fit...have straw will fix. nothing seemed unconquerable after that. I got out the behemoth roasting pan, roasted all those veggies for stews and soup and froze it.

so, the solution to all of our worries is fermentation.

I am glad that chore is out of the way... for a couple more days anyway.
I just dread canning. It is okay once I am into it...I just hate getting started. I will help with the shop organization and the field mowing if you all will help with the canning. I am not good with bosses wearing paisley sitting on my lap though.
wink.png
you are on your own there.

Quote:
I went with a sugar buzz. Someone brought me a thick slice of banana bread right after I ate a bunch of Welch Fruit snacks.
Dentist is gonna love cleaning my teeth this afternoon
hmm.png

3goodeggs, I had some of that jam on toast last night and am thinking it's really not too terribly thin after all! And it is ohhhhh so good! I may be biased on that, though.
Sipping wine through a straw. Interesting... Glad you got the produce squared away. If fermentation doesn't solve something, the freezer will!!

Back
Top Bottom