I really, really, REALLY want a...

GanjaXD

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Salmon Faverolle hen! They are too cute, and the chicks are precious! Is there anything I need to know about them before I buy one? Please don't send me links -_-;. I would like to hear some personal thoughts, of your own. Many thankies!
-Kirsten

Squeee! So cute
big_smile.png
D!
IMG_0788.JPG

We have a SF roo, traded him up for our SLW roo that was terrorizing the dog. Bret has been with us for, well geez I'll have to check on how long. Anyhow, he has been a wonderful boy. We don't handle out chickens very much, but he settles right in when we do happen to pick him up. He is not aggressive and he treats the girls very well...when they let him catch them. He's a great protector, and a prolific crower. We love him
love.gif
I have 6 chicks sired by him that are 3 weeks old. Their mother's, however, are not SF; but at least 1/2 of them have 5 toes!

They are excellent winter layers. They are sweet, sweet tempered and love to have fun. Mine would jump off the ramp to their house and fly down the run cackling then go back and do it again. Just like kids. You just can't find a nicer chicken than a Faverolle. My rooster BlackBeard was far and away my favorite chicken. I lost him last summer and things have just not been the same around here.

I have several chicks and I love them! They have a much calmer personality than any other chicks I've had. They aren't as pushy or assertive as the Brahmas they are currently housed with.

I wouldn't mind having a whole flock of them! I love their quiet curiousness.

Back
Top Bottom