I Really Want A Chickie!!!! *cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Good advise here. Also, would it be possible for you to join a 4H group and learn more about them? That may give you an opportunity to help out at someone's house, learning to care for them. If you show your mom that you are responsible enough to handle them without additional work on her part, she'd be more willing to give it a chance.

Also, you keep mentioning cute fluffiness - chicks are only small and fluffy for a few short weeks. Maybe your mom thinks that once they grow up, you won't be interested anymore and she'll be taking care of them?

Folks, please stop & think....if you live with your parents & they say "no chickens" that means....wait for it...NO CHICKENS.

Agreed. Folks, for anyone to offer chickens to a young person living at home whose parent has said no to chickens is irresponsible at best. As a parent, I would be livid, first with my kid who went against my instruction, then with the person who gave the birds to my kid, knowing I was firmly against it.
hmm.png
To the OP, this is between your parents and yourself. Maturity means realizing we cannot always have what we want the moment we want it. Wynette made an excellent suggestion for you.​

good things come to those who wait!!.....and winter will soon be here!
it is harder to take care of chickens in the snow!....and rochester gets its fair share
of snow!.....work hard in school all winter...help your mom out around the house...and
i bet by spring you will be rewarded with chicks!!!

Quote:
What matters now is that she really wants chickens, I'll try my best to make sure she has chickens, and I'm quite sure my sister would too.

That's really nice of you guys!
tongue.png
hugs.gif

I know everyone is very different, but I have chickens in my backyard, in town (It's legal!
tongue.png
), and I'm a straight-A student, have a Z guided reading level, etc... I also complete my homework on time, and I'm the only one who cares for my hens.
wink.png
If she really wants it (Which I know she does!), and wants to keep good grades, I'm sure she could do it.
smile.png
fl.gif
Good luck, birdies!
smile.png
I hope your mom agrees!

Thank you!!
hugs.gif

have you ever had chickens????......do you know what it takes to care for them???

Last edited:
Quote:
The point here is, you live with your mother, you need to follow her rules........ School is more important that anything else right now.

What matters now is that she really wants chickens, I'll try my best to make sure she has chickens, and I'm quite sure my sister would too.

Amigo, I see you mention God in several of your posts, doesn't God say honour thy Mother and thy Father?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom