I Remember When...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Eggnog101, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Eggnog101

Eggnog101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Okay, I wasn't sure where to put this, it's not a game, it's not a random rambling... It's more like a bunch of stories... okay, so we all say anything along the lines of I remember when. okay, here's mine :)

I remember when I was positive mealworms were fake. When I found out they were real, just dried... I was astonished [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

I remember when.... I learned fresh eggs did not have to be refrigerated. At first it felt more than a little odd having them sit in the cartons on the counter.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I remember when...bacon used to come from the butcher. You would buy it by the slab and slice it yourself to the thickness you wanted. And it had the rind on it. The odds and ends went into the pot with some navy beans.

4. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    I remember when a new VW car cost us about $1700 and with no seat belts. I remember outhouses - no wait, I still have one. I too recall the way better bacon by the slab and how wonderful were really think slices to eat. I remember dime stores and a time where there were zero warnings about trick or treating around the block, no warnings about "strangers" and when children wore dresses to birthday parties and had good manners. Yikes.

5. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

I remember when - I used to get 14 eggs a day from 16 chickens.lol. Now I get 5 a day from 18 chickens.

6. Eggnog101

Eggnog101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    I remember when the coolest tech toy was GameCube and Atari.. Now it's the Xbox and the IPhone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by