I returned the spoiled emu to ChanceRider!

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
All it wanted to do all day was sleep till noon, watch Judge Judy and surf the Internet.

34566_3emus-1-2.jpg

But I brought these three 2 day olds home with me! She hasn't had a chance to ruin them yet!

34566_3emus-1.jpg

And you accuse ME of spoiling the first emu chick! If we're not holding "Baby" or actively playing with he/she/it we face a major tantrum
hide.gif
. I put away the brooder and now have Baby set up in a wire crate; Snuggie in place and shiny bird toys hung to play with. I suppose I need to move a TV in there so "we" don't miss Judge Judy
lau.gif

Good to see you again... now you can have three times the fun!

I returned the first one because Eve (Chance Rider) only had 3 more eggs hatch. That would mean she would be raising an "only" baby emu and selling two to me. "Baby#1," who has rented a room here for 2 weeks is quite used to being an "only" baby and assumes she is either a human or a goat. She couldn't care less if there are other baby emus to grow up with. So we decided I would take the three new babies and return the spoiled Baby#1 to Eve to continue raising as an only baby. I guess ultimately it will join the flock of Enoch and Boom Boom, its parents. Unless of course it decides to go to New York and work as a producer on Judge Judy.

It's all good! Let the spoiling begin!
love.gif

Quote:
Well, we wouldn't have left her with you had we known she wouldn't have a TV!
he.gif
Good thing Judge Judy is just reruns right now.
barnie.gif

Nice to see you too! Enjoy the brat!
lau.gif

Everybody's happy and sassy this morning. I started teaching them to eat and drink and they have been running around a bit in their pen. Mostly they stay huddled together in their sleeping bag. I am closely examining the pattern on their heads and we are guessing we have one boy and two girls but none has a complete bullseye. We may just have to wait it out. In the meantime they are Larry, Mo, and Curly, according to my husband!

34566_3babyemus-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom