I saw a couple of babies jumping around in some of my eggs, but..

tabinal

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2016
It looks like the pointy end is where the air sacs are at. I thought the clear parts would be at the fat top end. The babies are floating around near the fat end and the pointy parts are clear. Is the clear part something besides the air sac? I'm at day 7 in a Farm Innovator with forced air and a turner.

It looks like the pointy end is where the air sacs are at. I thought the clear parts would be at the fat top end. The babies are floating around near the fat end and the pointy parts are clear. Is the clear part something besides the air sac? I'm at day 7 in a Farm Innovator with forced air and a turner.
Are you candling down into the egg from the fatter round end? If you candle from the side or bottom, it will throw everything off. If you candle from the air cell end it will put everything in perspective and you should easily see the air cell. The clear under and around the embryo is the albumen.

I did it by laying the egg flat like it would lay in the nest on top of the light. I will shine the light in from the fat end this weekend since I didn't finish tonight. Thank you.

I did it by laying the egg flat like it would lay in the nest on top of the light. I will shine the light in from the fat end this weekend since I didn't finish tonight. Thank you.
thumbsup.gif

I couldn't wait this morning and pulled one out to check. Everything was just like it was supposed to be. Little baby was doing flips in there. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom