I saw a feed with a goose in a harness, was it yours?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by gazw66, Dec 31, 2012.

1. gazw66

gazw66 New Egg

Dec 22, 2012
    Lancashire United Kingdom
    Hi
    When I joined I found someone in a similar situation as me with a goose that wouldn't or couldn't stand. They had pictures of a wooden harness frame on their feed. I am looking to see these pictures again and hopefully some help and advice on building my own for my goose Abigail.

2. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Are you referring to a harness for your goose? If so, I may have posted a picture of a similar type contraption that I got from my vet. I deleted it from my hard drive, or I would re-post here. However, if you go to my profile under embedded photos, it is in the album "Here We Go Again - I'm Hatching More Goslings" thread.

3. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but try using the keywords "wheelchair" and "sling" in the Advanced Search (at the top of the page) and make sure to select the Goose forum to narrow the search results, that may bring up the page you saw

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    there is a member here on BYC goes by chickenzoo, I saw her post in the last 2 yrs about a goose she had and she made a sling for it. you may PM her and see if she can help.

5. gazw66

gazw66 New Egg

Dec 22, 2012
    Lancashire United Kingdom
    Thank you I wil check them out and ask

6. DallasCriftins

DallasCriftins Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by