I saw this on the news...

Quote:
True... BUT Santa can fly all over the world in his sleigh... so....
tongue2.gif

Good Point! And I'll bet he has no legal papers for all of these countries he flies into, does he!?! Talk about the ultimate illegal immigrant. Forget Dora, let's go after Santa!
lau.gif

barnie.gif
NO! Not Santa too!!!!!!
hit.gif

Quote:
Good Point! And I'll bet he has no legal papers for all of these countries he flies into, does he!?! Talk about the ultimate illegal immigrant. Forget Dora, let's go after Santa!
lau.gif

barnie.gif
NO! Not Santa too!!!!!!
hit.gif

I know, I know, it's a shame. Blame Dora for acting and looking suspicious. I have nothing against Santa (other than his strange obsession with children), but rules are rules. If Dora is being questioned, I think Santa is definitely out too.
idunno.gif

Quote:
barnie.gif
NO! Not Santa too!!!!!!
hit.gif

I know, I know, it's a shame. Blame Dora for acting and looking suspicious. I have nothing against Santa (other than his strange obsession with children), but rules are rules. If Dora is being questioned, I think Santa is definitely out too.
idunno.gif

What about the Easter Bunny? Say it isnt so...
hit.gif

Quote:
idunno.gif

What about the Easter Bunny? Say it isnt so...
hit.gif

Hmmm... not sure about the Easter Bunny. He is based (albeit very loosely) on Christian beliefs which do not stem from America, so I believe he is off limits for Americans to celebrate. As far as his immigrations status however..... where does the Easter Bunny live? He might be somewhat controversial, but I don't see him being exported.
bun.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I saw a picture of her on the news where she was posing for a mug shot and looked deformed. I'm scared half to death of deformities. I could not sleep. Imagine what would have happened if I was four.

That also is an insult to people who learn other languages besides English. I can count to ten in a different language and am learning sign language. Should we question my immigration status? Really, might as well question my favorite American Girl Of The Year's immigration status or my friend Angelica's. Really, people. Might as well kick my family out of the country because we don't look "white". Might as well deport my best friend and her parents. Deport my friend from last year's dad. He's from Switzerland, even though he has papers.

You do know they are just looking for a way to debate the immigration law, right? I believe the law is for our safety. If you don't like it, fine. I'll go about my business, you go about yours. Just don't keep me up at night.

Really.

Best wishes,
Fluffy

*DISCLAIMER: I am not disagreeing with Why and Dotte. I know it is a quote from the article.*[/b]

Offtopic, but I wanted to say I'd watch what you say about deformaties, it could hurt someone's feelings, I know of a kid who would be saddened by that statement, I know you just don't think about it when you say it but... just a thought
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
And here I was, thinking that Cinco de Mayo was a drinking holiday, promoted by a Mexican cervesa company...Silly me.LOL.

Hey..any holiday that promotes drinking is okay with me... lets keep it now...
big_smile.png

Quote:
The problem with that is that it's not America that celebrates Cinco De Mayo ( to pick one out). First off, it's not a Mexican national holiday, it's only celebrated in a small region. Secondly, like St. Patrick's day, it had been blown up by commercial pursuits. Modelo, a brewing company, owns Corona. Anheuser-Busch InBev owns a 50% stake in Modelo. How to sell more tasteless beer in America? Lets really push foreign holidays! Americans really love to drink on foreign holidays! It's bars and beer commercials/ads that really push that sort of thing. When they find a money maker, they go for it. Now, I don't know where you live, but around here schools just have the basic national holidays. I certainly see what you are trying to say, but I don't believe as a country we celebrate a lot of these holidays. Like most of our own holidays, they are being lost to commercial meaning.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom