I scared my chickens

Sherri1990

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
Well... after spending 3 months training my chickens to come into the coop with a treat...I smacked my head of the roof making a loud noise and scared them half to death. Now I can’t get 3 of the 14 in the coop!!!! I’m chasing chickens in 90 degree heat and they are faster than I am! So... here is my question... are they going to get over this??? I can’t possibly do this everyday.

Yes, eventually they will. Just try to keep your movements calm and slow as not to scare them. That will help speed up their recovery. Lol Until then try coaxing them in with their favorite treat. That works every time for me. Good luck!
Thank you. I’m so frustrated. I worked so hard to get them to trust me. Now they act like I’m trying to hurt them.

Chasing them won't help. Put some treats in the coop and walk away. Is your run predator proof? They'll figure it out.
The coop area is in the middle of the run. It’s pretty safe. I have a dogs that let me know what’s going on. Do you think they will go in when it gets dark with out me? What if they don’t? I am in over my head.

The coop area is in the middle of the run. It’s pretty safe. I have a dogs that let me know what’s going on. Do you think they will go in when it gets dark with out me? What if they don’t? I am in over my head.
Put some treats in the coop and leave. Go back out 20 minutes later. Update then.

Back
Top Bottom