I scared my chickens

I normally let them out at 7:15. Should I keep them in a little later? Would this help at all?
i agree with black_cat, let them out normal time into the run. If free ranging, let them out a little later. I see they’re in a fenced area, it is ok to let them out there normal time.
My hens love sunflower seeds or yogurt for special treats.

Also, chickens are basically blind in the dark and will just stand there huddled together if stuck outside. Sometimes when it’s really dark and the coop door closed already I have to shine the flashlight on the ground so they can see where they’re walking. Or pick them up one by one and put them in the coop.

Also, chickens are basically blind in the dark and will just stand there huddled together if stuck outside. Sometimes when it’s really dark and the coop door closed already I have to shine the flashlight on the ground so they can see where they’re walking. Or pick them up one by one and put them in the coop.
Are they easy to pick up if they can’t see?

i agree with black_cat, let them out normal time into the run. If free ranging, let them out a little later. I see they’re in a fenced area, it is ok to let them out there normal time.
My hens love sunflower seeds or yogurt for special treats.
Ok. Hmmm sunflower seeds! Good idea!

Another thought: how old are your chickens? I know when mine were young (until about 3-4 months) they were a bit skittish and really didn't enjoy treats. I thought it was so weird they didn't like mealworms...but once they grew up and started laying they would come running and gobble them up. Now they follow me around and enjoy any and all snacks. Maybe they're just going through a weird adolescent phase?

The coop area is in the middle of the run. It’s pretty safe. I have a dogs that let me know what’s going on. Do you think they will go in when it gets dark with out me? What if they don’t? I am in over my head.
They will!! Sry it's funny, we can all feel for you, it's not easy or fun! They will get over it bc natural instinct and hunger for treats will win out. Just keep doing what you doing, but leave the treat on the ground and give them space for a couple of days. You can coax them into alot with treats

Back
Top Bottom