I see Pullet

but that coloring is just screaming cockerel IMO
I’m getting girl chicken vibes, but I wouldn’t bet my life on it. I, too, end up with mostly roos
I agree with you on the colors. Most every chick that i did not sell early with those colors has been a cockerel. But they have always been redder in the face by now. I would so love to have a girl with these colors, ok, ok. I'd just like a pullet. Up to my ears in boys, I think I have saturated the island with my boys and I don't cull. This chick is 1 month 3 weeks-ish.

Anyone of you BYCers want to dash my hopes- AKA send me back to reality?
Tossed a few eggs under my Broody a few months back. Had a few other things going on including incubation of more importance.
This one- Dad is Brahma X Ameraucana, mom is... BR? Ameraucana? Thought this Feb 21 hatch was a little boy, so I paid no attention to but the other week I glanced up and thought PULLET!!! :ya:jumpy It all adds up (except the earlier feather sexing and reddish comb), shy, solo, tail getting organized, not to mention comb has not reddened further and no wattles right? Is this my wishful thinking? I have been fooled b4 :hit.
Just want some expert opinions b4 I send out pink announcements or rehome etc.
Big mahalo for the chiming in gang!!
View attachment 2619912View attachment 2619913View attachment 2619914View attachment 2619915View attachment 2619917
What a cutie! I'm no help at all because my gorgeous pullet just started crowing 😂

I was just thinking about this post and how I would have liked to have updated it one way or the other by now... but, 1 month later and I am no closer to calling this little one either way. A real little stumper. 1 minute I catch HER hanging with the girls around the boxes and admiring how her tail is getting fan shaped, then next thing I know HE is bumping chests with the brother having a small throw down... not that I have not seen girls go to the mats with the boys- just not so much my domestic girls... Whatever this one is, mystery or surprise should be incorporated in its name.

I was just thinking about this post and how I would have liked to have updated it one way or the other by now... but, 1 month later and I am no closer to calling this little one either way. A real little stumper. 1 minute I catch HER hanging with the girls around the boxes and admiring how her tail is getting fan shaped, then next thing I know HE is bumping chests with the brother having a small throw down... not that I have not seen girls go to the mats with the boys- just not so much my domestic girls... Whatever this one is, mystery or surprise should be incorporated in its name.
Do you have any recent pictures?

This is the broody and the dad. I thought I had pulled all of her eggs but I bet she snuck this one in... as I said from the first post, I was not really paying attention.
20210518_155812_2.jpg

If so, mom is 1/4 Kauai feral chicken and it would explain a few things about this ones personality - the chick won't let me close to it. The brother and I totally snuggle. I have never had a roo who did not want to snuggle... that I raised, that I can think of.
20210518_155925_2.jpg

20210518_155951_2.jpg
20210518_155832_2.jpg
20210518_155855_2.jpg

I think I am going to have a serious girl lean again... :barnie:th

This is the broody and the dad. I thought I had pulled all of her eggs but I bet she snuck this one in... as I said from the first post, I was not really paying attention.View attachment 2677183
If so, mom is 1/4 Kauai feral chicken and it would explain a few things about this ones personality - the chick won't let me close to it. The brother and I totally snuggle. I have never had a roo who did not want to snuggle... that I raised, that I can think of.

View attachment 2677186View attachment 2677187View attachment 2677184View attachment 2677185

I think I am going to have a serious girl lean again.
Her tail feathers look very pullet, fwiw 😄

Back
Top Bottom