I see Pullet

TropicalBabies

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Jun 12, 2018
Kauai, Hawaii
Anyone of you BYCers want to dash my hopes- AKA send me back to reality?
Tossed a few eggs under my Broody a few months back. Had a few other things going on including incubation of more importance.
This one- Dad is Brahma X Ameraucana, mom is... BR? Ameraucana? Thought this Feb 21 hatch was a little boy, so I paid no attention to but the other week I glanced up and thought PULLET!!! :ya:jumpy It all adds up (except the earlier feather sexing and reddish comb), shy, solo, tail getting organized, not to mention comb has not reddened further and no wattles right? Is this my wishful thinking? I have been fooled b4 :hit.
Just want some expert opinions b4 I send out pink announcements or rehome etc.
Big mahalo for the chiming in gang!!
20210416_091703~2.jpg
20210416_091824~2.jpg
20210416_091829~2.jpg
20210416_091846~2.jpg
20210416_091854~2.jpg

but that coloring is just screaming cockerel IMO
I’m getting girl chicken vibes, but I wouldn’t bet my life on it. I, too, end up with mostly roos
I agree with you on the colors. Most every chick that i did not sell early with those colors has been a cockerel. But they have always been redder in the face by now. I would so love to have a girl with these colors, ok, ok. I'd just like a pullet. Up to my ears in boys, I think I have saturated the island with my boys and I don't cull. This chick is 1 month 3 weeks-ish.

Anyone of you BYCers want to dash my hopes- AKA send me back to reality?
Tossed a few eggs under my Broody a few months back. Had a few other things going on including incubation of more importance.
This one- Dad is Brahma X Ameraucana, mom is... BR? Ameraucana? Thought this Feb 21 hatch was a little boy, so I paid no attention to but the other week I glanced up and thought PULLET!!! :ya:jumpy It all adds up (except the earlier feather sexing and reddish comb), shy, solo, tail getting organized, not to mention comb has not reddened further and no wattles right? Is this my wishful thinking? I have been fooled b4 :hit.
Just want some expert opinions b4 I send out pink announcements or rehome etc.
Big mahalo for the chiming in gang!!
View attachment 2619912View attachment 2619913View attachment 2619914View attachment 2619915View attachment 2619917
What a cutie! I'm no help at all because my gorgeous pullet just started crowing 😂

Back
Top Bottom