I see Pullet

This is the broody and the dad. I thought I had pulled all of her eggs but I bet she snuck this one in... as I said from the first post, I was not really paying attention.View attachment 2677183
If so, mom is 1/4 Kauai feral chicken and it would explain a few things about this ones personality - the chick won't let me close to it. The brother and I totally snuggle. I have never had a roo who did not want to snuggle... that I raised, that I can think of.

View attachment 2677186View attachment 2677187View attachment 2677184View attachment 2677185

I think I am going to have a serious girl lean again.
Her tail feathers look very pullet, fwiw 😄

I’m leaning towards cockerel. Not sure yet.
What do you see that leans you towards a boy with this one?
As I walked out this afternoon said chicken was a little bumpy/testy with its bro. Ugh!!! Not that gals don't hold their own, it just that it sent me in that chicken spin again. This one also does not have monster yellow feet, or quarterback shoulders. I am pretty sure mom is a BR, (wait really sure it is not Ameraucana, as I just remembered I rehomed the 1 blue egg that I hatched) and their baby's, when female, often turn black when mixed with my Brahma.
It probably turned into a boy the second I had hope for a girl. lol :th

How does the chick look now?
I was just thinking of YOU! I saw that little bird just the other day and spotted itty bitty saddle feathers My hopes were dashed and you are right!!!! Today it seems HE has/is starting to do the rooster bloom.
20210618_104232 (2).jpg

Hope I can find him a good home. He is also coming a little more friendly. :love

Kind of funny, I scared his (I think) mom out of her secrete nest spot by accident this morning and thought was him and I was like :yesss: I imagined those 2 pointed feathers. Now look, today he is loaded with saddle feathers.
I feel bad but this little guy was so content to be in the background and so shy, I just really have not loved on him as I do my others. He is a sweetheart though.
20210618_104240 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom