I see Pullet

This is the broody and the dad. I thought I had pulled all of her eggs but I bet she snuck this one in... as I said from the first post, I was not really paying attention.View attachment 2677183
If so, mom is 1/4 Kauai feral chicken and it would explain a few things about this ones personality - the chick won't let me close to it. The brother and I totally snuggle. I have never had a roo who did not want to snuggle... that I raised, that I can think of.View attachment 2677186
View attachment 2677187View attachment 2677184View attachment 2677185

I think I am going to have a serious girl lean again... :barnie:th
Still looks like a cockerel to me.

How does the chick look now?
I was just thinking of YOU! I saw that little bird just the other day and spotted itty bitty saddle feathers My hopes were dashed and you are right!!!! Today it seems HE has/is starting to do the rooster bloom.
20210618_104232 (2).jpg

Hope I can find him a good home. He is also coming a little more friendly. :love

Kind of funny, I scared his (I think) mom out of her secrete nest spot by accident this morning and thought was him and I was like :yesss: I imagined those 2 pointed feathers. Now look, today he is loaded with saddle feathers.
I feel bad but this little guy was so content to be in the background and so shy, I just really have not loved on him as I do my others. He is a sweetheart though.
20210618_104240 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom