I see Pullet

TropicalBabies

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Jun 12, 2018
Kauai, Hawaii
Anyone of you BYCers want to dash my hopes- AKA send me back to reality?
Tossed a few eggs under my Broody a few months back. Had a few other things going on including incubation of more importance.
This one- Dad is Brahma X Ameraucana, mom is... BR? Ameraucana? Thought this Feb 21 hatch was a little boy, so I paid no attention to but the other week I glanced up and thought PULLET!!! :ya:jumpy It all adds up (except the earlier feather sexing and reddish comb), shy, solo, tail getting organized, not to mention comb has not reddened further and no wattles right? Is this my wishful thinking? I have been fooled b4 :hit.
Just want some expert opinions b4 I send out pink announcements or rehome etc.
Big mahalo for the chiming in gang!!
20210416_091703~2.jpg
20210416_091824~2.jpg
20210416_091829~2.jpg
20210416_091846~2.jpg
20210416_091854~2.jpg

Anyone of you BYCers want to dash my hopes- AKA send me back to reality?
Tossed a few eggs under my Broody a few months back. Had a few other things going on including incubation of more importance.
This one- Dad is Brahma X Ameraucana, mom is... BR? Ameraucana? Thought this Feb 21 hatch was a little boy, so I paid no attention to but the other week I glanced up and thought PULLET!!! :ya:jumpy It all adds up (except the earlier feather sexing and reddish comb), shy, solo, tail getting organized, not to mention comb has not reddened further and no wattles right? Is this my wishful thinking? I have been fooled b4 :hit.
Just want some expert opinions b4 I send out pink announcements or rehome etc.
Big mahalo for the chiming in gang!!
View attachment 2619912View attachment 2619913View attachment 2619914View attachment 2619915View attachment 2619917
If it’s a few months old, I would say pullet. But I could be wrong

I’m leaning towards cockerel. Not sure yet.
What do you see that leans you towards a boy with this one?
As I walked out this afternoon said chicken was a little bumpy/testy with its bro. Ugh!!! Not that gals don't hold their own, it just that it sent me in that chicken spin again. This one also does not have monster yellow feet, or quarterback shoulders. I am pretty sure mom is a BR, (wait really sure it is not Ameraucana, as I just remembered I rehomed the 1 blue egg that I hatched) and their baby's, when female, often turn black when mixed with my Brahma.
It probably turned into a boy the second I had hope for a girl. lol :th

What do you see that leans you towards a boy with this one?
As I walked out this afternoon said chicken was a little bumpy/testy with its bro. Ugh!!! Not that gals don't hold their own, it just that it sent me in that chicken spin again. This one also does not have monster yellow feet, or quarterback shoulders. I am pretty sure mom is a BR, (wait really sure it is not Ameraucana, as I just remembered I rehomed the 1 blue egg that I hatched) and their baby's, when female, often turn black when mixed with my Brahma.
It probably turned into a boy the second I had hope for a girl. lol :th
Coloring. As I said, I’m not sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom