I sentenced two of my girls to die - and they want more!

Having read this i was thinking if everyone who has lost a couple of chickens was never aloud to buy more, how many of you would have chickens now
old.gif

It sounds like they have a good setup just not schooled in chickens. It is hard to loose them, we put alot of time,effort, emotions to raising them to adults & be the pretty girls they are. He let them out to free range without supervision, sometimes this has to be a lesson hard learned by quite a few of us.I had to learn that lesson myself they were out without supervision for months before I had a problem. I lost 8 at 1 time never found a trace of them. After all the anger at the predator & crying because they were gone, they are never out without supervision now, or are in the hoop tractor.
Of course they fell in love with your flock the pics of the 2 you posted were real nice looking chickens. It is really hard to let them go in the first place & he would not get a bargin the 2nd time for sure. To bad there isn't anyone else they would want to get more from. It would be really hard for me to let some go they still have a high entertainment value + they make me breakfast. I really relax & stay centered from the time I spend with them. Watching them with their little chicken antics.
Take your time making this decision would not like being in your shoes.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom