I set 24 eggs on May 14th and some are wiggling!!

Valley Girl

Chirping
15 Years
May 5, 2008
Windermere,Nova Scotia,Canada
This is my first hatch of my own eggs!!!
wee.gif
and they are wiggling! They are Due June 4th.How long from them wiggling to hatching is what I would like to know
jumpy.gif
I can't seem to find an answer any wheres
idunno.gif

Mine are due June 4th too! Last night I finished up a quail hatch, and decided to candle my Serama eggs and Cochin eggs, and to my surprise one of the Seramas was already in the air cell! For some reason I thought I was supposed to lock them down on Friday, so I did a calender count, and realized I was supposed to lock them down that night! So I did, and today I already have a pip!

Congrats on your wiggly eggs, I would suspect you will have a pip in the next 24 hours or so, but don;t be surprised if they hold out on you.

Thanks kelseygirl:)
ep.gif
I just checked and I have two pips
yippiechickie.gif
I locked down yesterday(June 1st) and today at noon my husband said your eggs are wiggling
bun.gif
lau.gif

This is rather new for me being my first hatch......a little nervous about the whole thing....so afraid of screwing it up some how
th.gif

Quote:
YAY FOR PIPS!!!!!
ya.gif

I know that feeling, but you learn fast that those little fuzz butts are more resilient than you would ever imagine! Heck, about 10 days ago I dropped a goose egg I was putting into lockdown, and most of the shell broke off, leaving just the membrane, and the membrane tore in a few places making it bleed, but that was 1 of two babies that hatched, and the other one had sever deformities, but this little baby (Nickname crackers, because I cracked it's shell so bad) has quadrupled in size and is the cutest most loving baby I have ever hatched!

can't wait for an update with a chick announcement!

celebrate.gif
Three pips!!! Wow what a story about your goose egg,that's amazing that it survived,you must be pretty happy about that!There's still a lot of wiggling going on.
I have a couple pictures of pips.....I know but I can't help myself
celebrate.gif
You can only see the one,the other two are at the back...of course!!!

June2peeps003.jpg

June2peeps001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom