I set 24 eggs on May 14th and some are wiggling!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Valley Girl, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Valley Girl

Valley Girl Out Of The Brooder

This is my first hatch of my own eggs!!! [​IMG] and they are wiggling! They are Due June 4th.How long from them wiggling to hatching is what I would like to know [​IMG] I can't seem to find an answer any wheres [​IMG]

2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Mine are due June 4th too! Last night I finished up a quail hatch, and decided to candle my Serama eggs and Cochin eggs, and to my surprise one of the Seramas was already in the air cell! For some reason I thought I was supposed to lock them down on Friday, so I did a calender count, and realized I was supposed to lock them down that night! So I did, and today I already have a pip!

Congrats on your wiggly eggs, I would suspect you will have a pip in the next 24 hours or so, but don;t be surprised if they hold out on you.

3. Valley Girl

Thanks kelseygirl:)
    [​IMG] I just checked and I have two pips [​IMG] I locked down yesterday(June 1st) and today at noon my husband said your eggs are wiggling [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is rather new for me being my first hatch......a little nervous about the whole thing....so afraid of screwing it up some how [​IMG]

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:YAY FOR PIPS!!!!! [​IMG]

I know that feeling, but you learn fast that those little fuzz butts are more resilient than you would ever imagine! Heck, about 10 days ago I dropped a goose egg I was putting into lockdown, and most of the shell broke off, leaving just the membrane, and the membrane tore in a few places making it bleed, but that was 1 of two babies that hatched, and the other one had sever deformities, but this little baby (Nickname crackers, because I cracked it's shell so bad) has quadrupled in size and is the cutest most loving baby I have ever hatched!

can't wait for an update with a chick announcement!

5. Valley Girl

[​IMG] Three pips!!! Wow what a story about your goose egg,that's amazing that it survived,you must be pretty happy about that!There's still a lot of wiggling going on.
    I have a couple pictures of pips.....I know but I can't help myself [​IMG] You can only see the one,the other two are at the back...of course!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by