1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I set 26 eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by perfectly_polish, May 10, 2007.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I ordered 20 top hat eggs from mcmurray they sent me 24 2 were broken and then another 2 cracked in the incubator but I got them out before they leaked all over the place. I also set 4 of our eggs. They mcmurray eggs are are 6 days old and my eggs are a week old. I candled the mcmurray eggs yesterday and over half of them are fertile! My eggs are dark brown so it's still hard to tell. I just can't wait till they hatch!

2. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    How exciting! Good luck with your hatch!

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Now the countdown begins!!! And the waiting. . . .

I'm on day 13, with about 40 eggs in the bator - the days are going sooooo sloooowwwwllllyyyy!!!!

Best of luck with your hatch. What kind of bator are you using?

Lori

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Wow 40 eggs, good luck with yours too! I am using a hova bator turbo-fan incubator with automatic turner. It's only the 5th time I've used it but after every hatch I clean it and sterilize it. Only 2 weeks left but it seems like 2 years... Good Luck with your hatch keep us updated!

-Sophia in CT [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by